Have PCOS. Trying to conceive. Missing period, started spotting. HPT negative. Any suggestion?

Infertility Specialist
I have PCOS and have been trying for two years to get pregnant. My cycles are always 25-27 days. I'm 4 days late for my period, but urine pregnancy tests are negative. I've had VERY light pink discharge only when I wipe. I've had cramps and leg pain but no other symptoms. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Periods do vary at certain times of life which is normal or natural. Hence this discharge likely to be normal period itself . 2) If you are suspecting threatened abortion or miscarriage, i would suggest you get serum beta hCG blood test done to rule out pregnancy. 3) PCOS has nothing to do with this. I hope i answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist.