Have PCOS. Trying to conceive. Feeling bloated with constant gas formation. Safe remedy?

I am a 28 year old female and I have pcos. Over the last 7 months I have had really bad stomach rumbling and gas. It is not painful, however it is very embarrassing. Passing wind helps the rumbling however only for a short period of time.

The rumbling/gas did stop 2 months, around the time I was pregnant (miscarriage at 7 weeks).

I have been trying to find people online in a similar situation and noted that a few people mentioned that this could be from endorse or pcos. Is this possible? And is there anything I can do to help it? I should add that we have trying to conceive for the past 2 years and if there is a solution I would not want it to effect our chances of having a baby.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for your query on health care magic.

Many studies have shown link between wheat (gluten) intolerance with PCOS.
It is the reason for constant gas formation and bloated feeling.
I suggest you to reduce wheat containing food and avoid gas forming food like cabbage, cauliflower, radish, chola, rajma and carbonated drinks.
You will definitely feel better.

PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) is a ovulatory disorder.
Following are recommendations which may help you conceive :
1. Reduce your weight if you are overweight. Ideal BMI is 18-24. Reduction of atleast 5% weight doubles your chances of conception.
2. Get hormonal evaluation done like FSH,LH,SR Prolactin, Thyrouid harmone, Sr testosterone levels.
3. Eat balanced diet XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables.
4. Moderate exercise 30min/day and yoga.
5.Keep yourself active and stress free.

Since you are only 28 years old , there are good chances of you getting pregnant.
Wish you good luck.

Dr Nilofer