Have PCOS. Taking medicine for cholesterol and sugar level. Any permanent cure?

I am a patient of PCOS for the last 12 years, my weight is 65 KG and height is 4'11. My periods are very irregular.Small peripherals were in my ovaries.
Presently i am taking genet 35, my sugar levels fasting was 123, and PP 186. Also I am taking medicine for Cholestrol.
Will you please guide is there is any permanent cure for PCOS.
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
First you must know that PCOS will not be cured permamnently.Its a syndrome which consists of several symptoms and involves many organs of the body.
Since you are 29, the main problem you may have due to PCOS is fertility issues.
There are 2 ways to deal with this.Either medical management will help control the symptoms and you will be able to live a good quality life. The other option is to take treatment for fertility issues if you are planning a pregnancy.
At present,your weight is more for your height.So you will need to make diet and lifestyle modifications to control your weight.Next you are already taking medicines for regularising your cycles which is absolutely right.
Your fasting and PP levels are high.You will need to make the necessary diet restrictions.
Heres my advice,
Weight loss
Diet modifications.
Continue Ginette 35 as advised(this will make your cycles regular)
Take tablet metformin 500mg twice a day before meals.
Every 3 months you should get a blood work up and ultrasound.
As and when you want kids,this treatment will need to be stopped and a different line of management will be required.