Have PCOS. Taking fincar, obimet to reduce hair growth. Not cured. Safe to take cyproterone?

Question
I am 25 year old, I have PCOS. I was prescribed XXXXXXX tab. once a day, OBIMET twice a day, ALDACTONE 50 twice a day, hair growth stopped for 1 month. But it again started 2 weeks back, when contacted the endocrinologist prescribed FINCAR 5mg once a day, I have been taking it regularly but the hair growth keeps on increasing every day. I have heard about a drug called CYPROTERONE, it is written that it can reduce hair growth & help in clearing already existing hair too. Can it help me? Kindly help me soon.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Yes it can help. You can take krimson 35 instead of XXXXXXX Krimson 35 contains cyproterone. Your treatment is otherwise in the right track. But you cant expect all the hair to completely didappear. Hair become thin and less dense. You may need laser to get rid of remaining hair but its best done towards the end of PCOS treatment. You have to take medications for atkeast 6 mon to 1 year to have full benefits of treatment.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad