Have PCOS. Taking clomid and trying for pregnancy. Got pregnant, started spotting. What's wrong?

Hi, I have had PCOS my whole life. I started my period at 13 and have been irregular ever since (I am now 42). Sometimes not having a period for six months or more. I started taking metformin about six months ago for diabetes. My period became quite regular (every month for the last six months). Two months ago, I started taking Clomid to try and conceive. Last month I became pregnant (didn't know it) and then lost it (that's when I found out). This month, I had a very light, brown colored discharge which I assumed was the beginning of a new period. Well, three days later and no period, just the same light brown discharge. When I wipe, it looks like the tail end of a cycle (VERY light), except the color is brown. Can you please tell me what this could mean?
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later

Since there is only a mild brown colored discharge, it may be due to a hormonal disturbance or an implantation bleeding.

You need to test your urine for pregnancy using a highly sensitive test kit available at all the pharmacies. In case the test is negative and pregnancy is ruled out, you can wait for your next regular period or wait for a better flow over next 3-4 days.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.