Have PCOS. Suffering from mid cycle bleeding. Can I conceive naturally?

Excellent
Question
Hi I have pcos and have regular periods but also bleed mid cycle can I conceive naturally if I lose weight I weigh 17 stone x
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you may conceive if ovulation is present

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for consulting us.
If you are having regular cycles without any treatment, then this is a very good sign.
PCOS patients may conceive normally if they attain normal Body Mass Index & ovulation is happening.
Just consult a Gynecologist to test if you are ovulating or not & to rule out any other factor that may cause fertility problem in you or your partner.
Hope this clears your query.
Best wishes.

Follow-up: Have PCOS. Suffering from mid cycle bleeding. Can I conceive naturally? 27 minutes later
I always have mid cycle bleeding wont that hinder me

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have one trans-vaginal ultrasound.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for your response.
You should have one trans-vaginal ultrasound to find out the cause of this bleeding. Treatment will depend upon the underlying cause.
Commonest cause is endometrial polyp, which can be removed easily. If there is no organic reason, then this should not create any problem.
Wish you best of luck.

Follow-up: Have PCOS. Suffering from mid cycle bleeding. Can I conceive naturally? 10 minutes later
So the key is to lose weight? All scans etc normal other than multiple small follicles

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this is the first goal to achieve.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Yes, this is true & check for lab evidence of ovulation, this is commonly done by day 21 serum progesterone or mid-cycle ultrasound to look for mature follicles.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have PCOS. Suffering from mid cycle bleeding. Can I conceive naturally? 4 hours later
The problem is if I have bleeding mid cycle around ovulation how can I get pregnant?

Day 21 shows ovulation some months but not every month as well as the clearblue fertility monitor.

Is clearance fertility mmonitor accurate enough to believe I do and do not ovulate some months.

Many thanks

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 43 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this is an accurate method of ovulation check

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for your question & very sorry for a late reply.
Yes, this fertility monitor is a reliable method of ovulation check & this is a very good sign that you have natural ovulation.
For conception to occur, there are many male & female factors responsible. All conditions need to be optimum like patency of tubes, endometrial growth, adequate hormonal support, presence of good quality sperms etc.
So, with the given scenario ( that is mid cycle bleeding & natural ovulation you may try for few months & if no success go to a fertility specialist for thorough investigation & specific treatment ( which may include hormonal support to deal with your mid-cycle problem.
Hope this information is of help for you.
Take care & best regards.

Follow-up: Have PCOS. Suffering from mid cycle bleeding. Can I conceive naturally? 5 hours later
Thsnk you so much for your reply.

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wish you best of luck

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome here with all your questions.