Have PCOS. Losing weight. Taking registrone. Having pus formation in private parts. Concerned

How are you? (I Hope you are doing great)
I am a 34 year old divorcee and sexually inactive.
My weight is 94 Kg at the moment and My height is 154 cm ( am taking medication, following diet and exercise) and have lost 4 kg in past 1 month. Every time I loose weight I gain more than what I loose. It seriously bothers me.
I have PCOS and I lost my only child straight after her birth - 10 years ago.
I am taking "registrone" from 15th to 25th day of my cycle and my periods last for 5 days.
I have a lots of pus formation in my private parts.
My blood culture report is normal "No parasites seen" but my ESR rate is 36 in 1 hour and 56 in 2 hours.
My CBC report says my WBC count is 0000. I do not have diabetes.
The boils all over my private parts are really bothering me. They just do not go away. Please help.
Thank you.
Warm regards,
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 52 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

As you are having polycystic ovaries and you are overweight , you should take tablet metformin under doctor's guidance and prescription.

Taking Regestrone in each cycle is not going to solve the problem.

You should get thyroid profile done.

Boils on private parts can be due to excessive sweating and fungal infection or vulval dermatosis.

Your counts are not raised but there is pus formation so it is better to take an antibiotic under doctor's guidance.
Your pus can be sent for culture and sensitivity.

Take antihistaminic like loratadine or levocetrizine under doctor's prescription.

Apply antibiotic and anti fungal creams locally like neomycin , clotrimazole ,clobetasol propionate 0.05 % etc.

Keep the area dry , do not use deodorants, perfumes or shower gels.

Loosing weight , changing diet especially cutting down carbohydrates will cure the problem.

Do not take stress

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome.