Have PCOS. Having spotting. What to do?

Mar 2016

Hi! I have PCOS, and I'm taking XXXXXXX 35 I'm on my 7 days rest period now. I started taking XXXXXXX when on my first day of period but I'm experiencing spotting until now. I'm due for 2nd pack on Sunday.
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 days later

Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.
XXXXXXX 35 is combined OCP (cyproterone and ethinyl estradiol) and used to treat PCOS like endocrine disorders to regularize period cycle.

Some women (basically first time user) may experience few side effects for initial 1-2 months after taking the pill like irregular spotting, breast tenderness, nausea, headache, weight gain, dizziness etc. Though, these are quite tolerable in most of the cases.

Long time spotting is quite unusual. Here, I suggest you to consult with your gynecologist for overall health check up & pelvic examination to rule out underlying pathology (if any) before starting 2nd pack of pill. Some relevant investigation may be required.

In addition, you would take healthy diet with low carbohydrate, do regular exercise to control body weight (great role in proper ovulation & regular cycle), try to avoid mental stress/ depression and maintain genital hygiene properly.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you have any other query, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen