Have PCOS. Experiencing spotting. Normal?

Question
Hi I have PCOS, I'm taking XXXXXXX 35 started taking on the 1st day of my period and now I'm experiencing spotting, is this normal? I'm due for my 2nd pack this coming sunday
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 45 minutes later

Its possible that you get some inter menstrual spotting early in the treatment before your cycles are regular . This happens due to hormonal imbalance and will normalize if you take the medications correctly..

Take the packs as advised by your doctor.

Follow-up: Have PCOS. Experiencing spotting. Normal? 17 hours later
So, there's no need to worry? Since I had my period after that I have been spotting. How long should I take the pill?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later

Treatment for PCOS needs to be taken at least for 3 to 6 cycles . The initial spotting irregularities will normalize after the hormone levels normalize.