Have PCOS. Experiencing anxiety, depression and fatigue. Should I be concerned?

Question
I have PCOS. lately I am experiencing higher anxiety, depression and fatigue. Is this part of my PCOS? or should I be looking into something else?
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in. PCOS can cause irregular cycles, hirsutism, infertility. Obesity is commonly associated with PCOS. These features can sometimes cause depression, anxiety in some patients but the symptoms have no ditect relationship with PCOS. I mean they are not part of pathophysiology of PCOS. You have to look for something else. All said and done these symptoms are not uncommon in general population without PCOS.
Hope this helps,
Shivaprasad