Have PCOS. D&C done. Missing period. Prescribed medicine for increased ovary size. Is this safe?

i am 25 yrs old, irregular periods, symptoms of pcos - doc prescribed brom, folvice, glyciphage. got conceived but it ended up in DnC. after 2 month of Dnc prolactine level went above normal angain started on brom 2.5mg 1 a day. 4 months periods were regular, now period missed (prolactine level below normal). USG- increase in ovary size as compared to one taken a year back . doc prescribed ovacareforte, brom, glyciphage, MCBM 69 and folvite 6 month course. worried about the medications. shud i go for it. what is my problem exactly. how long can pregency be differed. what are the side effects of the above course.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
There are 2 ways to see this problem. First,your hyperprolactenemia can be the cause for the inability to conceive. Second,the polycystic ovaries could be the cause. Both these conditions have similar symptoms like yours.Since you have conceived once before then we can conclude that your ovarian function is normal But due to the hormonal imbalance your cycles are regular. Since your recent scans show an increase in ovarian volume,i'd say that the PCOS hasnt improved. If your prolactin levels are normal,then that isnt the current source of the problem However,you need to continue the bromocriptine in the minimal dose.The first thing to do here is to get the cycles regular again.You may needs pills to regularise your hormones.You can continue the rest as advised.The possibility of conception can only be there is your cycles are regular and ovulation occurs. You can keep trying for pregnancy in the meantime.
Follow-up: Have PCOS. D&C done. Missing period. Prescribed medicine for increased ovary size. Is this safe? 11 hours later
Mam, Thank you for your prompt response. It was very useful.Now, my doc has prescribed regestrone to get periods and start on the course. with a positive response from your side also i'm looking forward to start on the course.

further, till my last conception we have not tried even once for conceving, we have always been using saftey while in relationship. it was only once we had tried without saftey and it got conceived. however, i was under treatment for pcos by then(duphastone during 16th -21st day for 2 cycles ). but ended up in DnC.

Now, after DnC we have not tried till now (approx 5 months), my husband is about to get relocated to overseas (in 5-6 months from now). Hence, if we try to conceive now, my worry is if we conceive now and with a history of Missed abortion (DnC), will it be OK to relocated (flight travel, etc...) while pregnant for me.

My parents are advising to take 1tsp of cinnamon powder in water every day for PCOS.

Thank you madam!!!
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 46 minutes later
Yes,regesterone is fine and you can take it for getting your menses. Its been 5 months, so you can definitely try to concieve again. But since you have a difficult history it would be advisable to take care in the 1st trimester and avoid travelling. Now,its difficult to say when you will actually concieve and whether you will be over the 1st trimester when you will need to relocate. So make your plans now. Since you have you will need to travel in 5-6 months,you need to concieve within 2 months so that you can travel. So basically its up to you and your husband to decide whether you want to try now,or after you've relocated . Remember that once you have shifted overseas,you wont be able to rest much since im sure it will take some time to settle into your new home. So you have a choice,either to plan now or after you've relocated. If you plan now, continue duphaston as you were taking it.