Have PCOD and under treatment for conception. Taken Ovufar but have multiple follicles in ovary. Chances for pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
i want to know that i have PCOD and i am under going treatment for the concieving, my doc has advices me to take OVUFAR for 5 days and after completing the prescription i have multiple follicles in my ovary, is there any chances for getting pregnant
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 hours later

Ovufar contains clomifene citrate. That helps in induction of ovulation.
PCOD presents with multiple follicles of the ovary.
So the follicles you mentioned could be preexisting due to PCOD.
By using Ovufar, one or two ovarian follicles will mature and release ovum.
So you continue with follicular study and observe the growth of ovarian follicles.
And plan intercourse around the time of ovulation to increase the possibility of pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have PCOD and under treatment for conception. Taken Ovufar but have multiple follicles in ovary. Chances for pregnancy? 9 hours later
I went to doctor yesterday and she has done my ultrasound and told me that I need to go to IVF as my ovaries are polystic but lets try one more cycle and see me on 2 day of cycle.
Please suggest if I dont concieve in 2nd cycle. Should I go for IVF??????

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

IVF is not the only solution for PCOD.
Actually it is one of the last steps in treatment because of the cost and expertise needed.
So you can go for ovulation induction in this cycle.
If it fails, you stop treatment for induction and take treatment for PCOD mainly for few months.
Once your follicles regress you can go for fertility treatment.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have PCOD and under treatment for conception. Taken Ovufar but have multiple follicles in ovary. Chances for pregnancy? 10 minutes later
Thanks for the reply please suggest experience gynaecologists in Delhi...

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 minutes later

I hope this link will help you in finding gynecologist near to your place in Delhi.
WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.