Have PCOD and hypothyroid. Taking Gestofit. Need to know chances of becoming pregnant

hi doctor... i have pcod and hypothyroid. I have been planning pregnancy for the 1 year and taking the treatment for the same. this month ovaries size has come upto 2.0 mm and after an injection it has got ruptured. this is my 19th day. met doctor sterday n he advised me n hubby to be together sterday and today. problem is my husband has left abroad sterday . we had been together yesterday. Also i'm taking gestofit 300 mg for 15 days. I need to know the chances of me become pregnant this month as my husband is not with me from 19 th day and also like to know the sideeffects of gestofit . thank you
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Since the follicle ruptured on 18th day, that means ovulation has occurred on this day. Having unprotected intercourse at this time gives you a 15-35% chance of getting pregnant.
Gestofit is just progesterone given to support corpus luteum & for proper implantation of fertilized ovum into endometrium. This means that it helps to maintain the pregnancy once you become pregnant.
Side effects include nausea, weight gain, water retention, changes in the breast, headache and depression.
I hope this answers your query.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns