Have PCOD. Planning for pregnancy. Can I take OOSure tablet?

Question
Can I take OOSure tablet if planning for pregnancy?
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 30 minutes later
Oosure is Myo-inositol a unique vitamin B-like substance that has become highly regarded as a novel way to help women with PCOS to conceive.Supplying extra myo-inositol appears to temporarily correct the mal-functioning insulin pathways and reduce the signs and symptoms of insulin resistance. Myo-inositol is a simple and safe treatment that is capable of restoring spontaneous ovarian activity and consequently fertility in most patients with PCOS.
Safety profile of oosure in pregnacy is not very well studied and the literature opines to discontinue the drug as soon as pregnacy is diagnosed ,as of today.
In my opinion oosure can be taken for treating PCOS. Please consult your local doctor/specialist for a prescription.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answer kindly rate my answer and write a review as well.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have PCOD. Planning for pregnancy. Can I take OOSure tablet? 20 minutes later
I am taking OOsure for PCOD daily twice.Is there any chance of getting pregnant while taking OOsure?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for followup query.

Yes, there is chance of getting pregnant. But there are not much studies which tell about its success rate for getting pregnant. Most of the infertility specialists usually use Oosure along with ovulation induction drugs like Clomiphene citrate. Discuss with your treating doctor.

Anyways continue taking Oosure till you get pregnant. Most of the studies and the literature opines to discontinue the drug as soon as pregnancy is diagnosed.

Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW