Have PCOD. Doing IUI. No result. Treatment for PCOD. Can I go for IVF?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doctor,
Just wanted to know whether 30 was really late to conceive. I am trying to conceive. I have PCOD and have been visiting a fertility specialist. She is using injections & we doing IUI. We have done IUI for almost 3 cycles. But all in vain.
She is using 75 FSH & HCG to rupture. Wanted to check did we come to early to fertility specialist or a gynae could do the treatement. Please advice. Since really worried regarding this.
Is there any other treatment for PCOD other than the injections, tablets & IUI. I know there is IVF also, but she says we have not reached that stage still to opt for it.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) You are absolutely correct in consulting fertility consultant and save time rather waste time with gynecologist. 2) Its not early. After 30 years of age, the fertility potential gradually reduces. Hence it is better to hurry under guidance of fertility consultant. 3) You have history of tuberculosis which might have damaged your reproductive organs. Request fertility consultant to perform PCR analysis of endometrium. 4) PCO depends on severity. If you are ovulating normally with hCG, no need to do anything 5) Please ask your doctor to add metformin tablet if PCO is suspected. 6) Since you have undergone 3 IUI, Get tubal tests done before next IUI. Get back to me if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist