Have Ovarian cancer. Need information on Next Generation Photodynamic Therapy.

I would like to know if you have any information on Next Generation Photodynamic Therapy for cancer. The New Generation is for cancers deeper within the body. I have ovarian cancer. New Generation Photodynamic Therapy is out of China, Photodynamic Therapy is FDA approved but only for cancers close to the surface. It is not approved for ovarian cancer. The website is www, WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 8 hours later

You are absolutely right that photodynamic therapy is approved for cancers close to the surface, like in food pipe, wind pipes, etc.

The next gen PDT that these people are talking about is an experimental therapy. It appears promising but so far tested only in few cases. To be able to use it in routine practice, clinical trials in large number of patients need to be done.

Hence, as of now, if you want to try it, then you have to be part of a trial. I don't think there is any trial in your country, but you can certainly enquire.

Hope I answered your query, Please come up with follow ups if any.