Have Migraine and after migraine attack suffering with depression. Had EEG and CT Scan done. Findings?

My Mother in law is a Migraine Patient. Past few days she had bad Migraine attack and after that she has been suffering lot of Depression and low in health

After doc consultation we have got her EEG and CT scan done

I am sending you the summary of both the tests..please if you could help us knowing it better and how bad this concern is

Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 5 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the details of CT scan brain and EEG.

EEG is normal.

CT scan brain revealed R) frontal neurocysticercosis , that is responsible for the bad headache which she has presently and lesion in Right frontal lobe causes emotional disturbances like depression which your mother in law is having, also it seizure potential region

Neurocysticercosis is the parasitic infection of brain secondary to cysisticerci ( tapeworm larva).

Lesion is acute and active as per CT scan report.The disease is completely curable.

She has to be started on antitapeworm medicine ( albendazole is the drug of choice) for 2 weeks along with tapering steroids and prophylactic anti epileptic drugs for 3 months and then taper the drug.This will take care of headche even though EEG is normal.

Requires repeat CT scan with contrast after 3 months of starting treatment to know the response

Consult nearby neurologist for the prescriptions.

Hope I have answered your query.Any clarification needed you can get back to me

Dr Sandhya Manorenj
Hyderabad India