Have MS, thyroid and seizure disorder. Getting headache and hearing loud heartbeat. Is this serious?

I was sleeping the other day... dreaming of a hammering of something like a sledge-hammer in the near distance. I then woke up and realized the sound was coming from my head and heart. My heart was beating very hard and with each beat was this metallic hammering. I XXXXXXX and realized I had a headache and heart was still hammering hard. I worked hard to get my heart/Blood pressure (which I assumed was culprit) calmed down. I do not have HBP. I DO have MS, thyroid disorder, seizure disorder (controlled). I am 52 yrs old female.
Was this serious?
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
what you describe is a common disorder which mostly women do experience. It is a sub type of a panic disorder. Dreaming is usually influenced by the experiences you have had during the day, whether you are going through a stressful experience one s your immediate expectations with respect to a particular outcome. It would be interesting to try to recall your state of mind before these events, what you had as expectations and your psychological state.
These symptoms are usually temporal and do pass without any sequel or late consequences.
However, if it becomes repeated and constant or you start finding other symptoms associated to it, it shall be a good idea to see a psychiatrist. As for now, I suggest you stay calm and ok, its not a call for concern for now.
Have a great time, and feel free asking any further questions if you need help.
Thanks for usinghealth care magic and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Have MS, thyroid and seizure disorder. Getting headache and hearing loud heartbeat. Is this serious? 16 hours later
It would be a false statement to deny - that any mother of 8, grandmother of 7 would have concerns or stress waxing and waning throughout the days or weeks.

I do know that the doctors I see consider me to be a very emotionally stable person.
That said, I imagine that asking medical questions online is a bit bizzarre - to say the least. I have never done this before.

I appreciate your information and will take it under consideration.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
thanks for your kind response and have a splendid day. Wish you a rapid recovery and best of health.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.