Have Lupus and it had been in remission. Done lab test. What does it indicate?

I have Lupus and it had been in remission but my last 2 labs show my C3 is low and my C4 is borderline normal and my anti_dsDna show a 7 and most recent a 10....does that mean my Lupus is coming out of remission?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you one thing that the disease activity or flare is generally decided by clinical symptoms mainly not the lab parameters .

You are right in saying that the complement levels and Anti dsDNA are parameters for measuring lupus activity . Your recent trends in reports just need us to be more watchful plus I would advise you to undergo a urine r/m to look for proteinuria . Because lupus nephritis needs to be looked for .Rest there is nothing to worry .

Dr. Shruti