Have Knee pain. What is chronic microvascular ischemia and also Ataxia in the white matter of brain?

What is chronic microvascular ischemia in the white matter of your brain? Also Ataxia.
I forgot to tell you that both knees are "gone". One has artificial knee which doesn't work right and the other is bone-on-bone with falling and constant pain.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I will start by breaking down the words carefully for you to understand better. Micrivascular comes from small blood vessels. Ischaemia means consequences experienced by parts of the body due to reduced blood and oxygen supply. The white matter of the brain is the XXXXXXX organic mass of the brain. Ataxia is a problem of one's gait or movement, usually due to a problem with a part of the brain called the cerebellum. Ataxia is usually associated with movement disorders.

management of Micrivascular Ischaemia and Ataxia in your case shall demand a keen follow up by a neurologist. However, it is vital for you be taking low dose aspirin to improve irrigation of the brain and reduce consequences that could arise from Ischaemia. A good blood pressure control is also very important.

It might be necessary to get an X XXXXXXX and a clinical evaluation of the other knee. this shall aid in proposing treatment options that could reduce pain appropriately. this could be through topical anti inflammatory drugs, oral analgesics, intra articular injections.

I suggest you seek the opinion of a neurologist and a rheumatologist. I do fairly understand it might be difficult to cope with these conditions, especially if they are not appropriately managed. I strongly believe that the input of a neurologist and you rheumatologist could be very useful in improving tremendously your quality of life.

Should you have any specific concerns, do not hesitate asking. I would be glad and honored contributing in relieving your health concerns. As i wish you the best of health, kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Follow-up: Have Knee pain. What is chronic microvascular ischemia and also Ataxia in the white matter of brain? 23 hours later
Thank you. I will follow your advice. I knocked a hole in my forehead on my last fall 7 weeks ago; eye swelled shut, vein (or artery) running from my ear thru my forehead raised up filled with blood and has not gone down. Still have very painful knots in my eyebrow and a 1" flat scar that keeps filling up with blood under the skin. Nobody so far knows what this is. Should I go to a surgeon about it? Or a neurosurgeon? It is so painful it keeps me awake at night.

Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 43 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Most of traumatic lesions as such with accumulation of blood in the soft tissues like the skin and muscle usually resolve on their own. Rarely due complications do occur.

In your case, considering the seriousness and intensity of the pain, getting a evaluation for a neurosugreon/neurologist could be useful. However, while waiting, a family physician s opinion could of help. Controlling blood pressure levels and appropriate exclusion of signs of intracranial hypertension is useful.

Thanks and hope this helps. Kind regards and wishing you good health.

Bain LE, MD.
Follow-up: Have Knee pain. What is chronic microvascular ischemia and also Ataxia in the white matter of brain? 2 hours later
What is intracranial hypertension? I take 5 medicines for high blood pressure.
Thank you,
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Intracranial hypertension means an increase in the pressure exerted by the contents of the brain box against the brain. The common signs of such increases pressure are bleeding or clots in the brain, tumors, increased fluid accumulation in the fluid system of the brain (hydrocephalus), infections, abscesses. Common signs and symptoms are headaches, confusions, fits, visual disorders, nausea and vomiting and weakness of one part of the body.

Poorly controlled high blood pressure could lead to cerebral hemorrage. A careful evaluation by a neurologist / neurosurgeon could be very useful.

Thanks again and kind regards. Wishing you good health.

Bain LE, MD.