Ask a Urologist   »  

Have Itchy and tight foreskin. How long will it take to get cured?

Hi Doc. I was having itching in the forskin of my penis and the foreskin also has grown longer than usual making it very difficult to pull it back. I went to a urologist who gave me Zole F ointment and Zucon 200 tablets. I have been applying the ointment twice daily for 3 days now and also been taking the tablets, the itching is gone but the tightness of foreskin remains. I am worried, how long will this remain? Do I need circumcision or will Zole F treat this condition?
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
The problem you are facing can be Phimosis. It is good that the itching has gone and you are recovering from the infection. Now about the tightness of the foreskin of penis, the first line of treatment is through applications of creams. The steps towards the treatment are:
1. Applications of the cream like tropical steroids about 4-6 weeks.
2. There after along with use of cream, stretching of the foreskin either manually or with balloons or with other tools can be done.
Usually Phimosis at starting stage is successfully treated with these measures.
3. Surgery or Circumcision is performed in the patient who does not respond to the above treatment or unless it is an emergency condition, causing obstruction in passing urine.

You have to keep the part in hygienic condition when you are under treatment or after treatment, so that infection cannot reoccur.
Consult your treating doctor and tell that whether you are getting relief or not and what further step can be taken to get relief.
Hope you got the answer to your query. Write back if you have any other related queries.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Dr. Kulbir XXXXXXX