Have Irritable bowel syndrome. Will this affect me from conceiving?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Since have Irritable bowel syndrome will it stop me from getting pregnant because my mu had ibs and she had me and children
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 11 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.

There is no any evidence that suggest that ibs has effect on pregnancy or conceiving.
ibs has nothing with female reproductive system so you do t have to be worried at all. You just need to be sure that you don't have gynecologic disorders which sometimes are similar to Ibs signs such as pain in pelvis, irregular periods, missed periods etc.
if there are only bowel symptoms then this is probably just ibs and it won't effect badly on your reproductional functioning. Wish you good health.