Have ITP. Experiencing lightheaded, swelling in fingers, itchy hands and bleeding nose. Any ideas?

I am a 21 year old female with ITP. I have been experiencing light headedness, random swelling in my fingers and hands accompanied by itching, which includes every once and awhile little clear blisters on my fingers, a little nose bleeding and joint pain. My hematologist didn't seem concerned with the light headedness.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 20 minutes later
hi there, thanks for asking. Although ITP is a benign condition, it could be a part of Lupus. It could also seen in other immunologic diseases. Light headedness could be a sign of nervous system or cardiovascular system, or hematologic (anemia can cause light headedness) involvement. It is good to be checked for some anti bodies in the serum which are seen in lupus and also be check for hemoglubin level and red blood cells for anemia.
Some people who have random swelling in their fingers or other parts may have a hereditary disease which affects the immunologic system.
Nose bleeding could be a sign of platlets problem that could be seen in lupus or some other similar problems. Join pain could also be seen in lupus or similar diseases.
It is good to check with your doctor about the possibilities.
Keep me posted about it. I wish you a good health.