Have IBS, back pain, discomfort in pelvic region with hard and bloated stomach. Any thoughts?

ive been having upset stomach and its hard and bloated and ive also been experiancing lower back pain and i drink quite a bit but the symptoms actually seem to subside a bit after an evening of heavy drinking ! my doctor thinks i have IBS cus im under alot of stress but i dunno i think my liver could be the issue ??? i also seem to have some discomfort in my pelvic reagon and seem to have been peeing more and when my blater is full and i pee its seems to releave some of the discomfort ! Im just really worrried about cancer of the bowels or pancreas or stomach or something cus every thing i read points to theses types of things but the things I read on ibs people have compaiined about back pain and stomach dis comfort and such ,.. im getting my blood work done this week but im nervious in the mean time ! any thoughts ? thanks XXXXXXX ps back pain is not normal for me
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 3 hours later
Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX
Your symptoms involving bladder and bowel along with stress do point towards IBS. In your history there are no definite points suggesting cancer. Though other problems related to digestive and urinary system may be there.
I think you should follow your physician advise, who can investigate your problems in a systematic way and reach a conclusion. Routine blood tests, urine examination, ultrasound examination etc. should clarify your condition further.
I hope my explanation satisfies and relieves you. If you have any further query you can get back to me again.
Best wishes.
Dr Dinesh Singal