Have IBS and blood pressure. On Catheter. Feeling like pissing through the tube. Can this happen?

Question
Could you please tell me about how the XXXXXXX works as how come when I unpluge it some times no urine comes out and then when I get it back on the night bag after a very smol time urin starts to come out in the tube. then for the most part it runs all ok but last night twice for a litte wile it sound like I was pissing thru the tube can that happen please? I also have a learnin problem and ibs and high blood pres as well as pain meds
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Catheter might need to be replaced.

Detailed Answer:
Good day!

The catheter that you have right now might be occluded that is why very little or no urine is coming out. That may also be the reason why urine is going out on the side of the tube and not inside and out to the urine bag. This usually happens after 1-2 weeks of an indwelling catheter. You may need to go back to your health provider to have it replaced. An occluded catheter is prone to infection and you may develop serious infection because of it.