Have IBS. Had left paralysed diaphram. Having stomach pain and feel skin on abdomen very sensitive. Cure?

General Surgeon
I just had a plication of my left paralysed diaphram, I also have IBS. I have not been able to get rid of a stomach pain to the point where I went off cafeinated coffee, just soft boiled eggs for breakfact with toast. Tonight I had chicken, potatoes and corn but it is no worse or better tonight. Its just a nagging, pain where the skin on my abdomen is really sensitive,
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Every skin incision (even for laparoscopic surgery) causes skin nerves damage. Skin is a barrier which protects us from external world. So it needs to be well nerved. And it is. It has a lot of small nerve fibers in every single area.
When you cut the skin, you also cut this nerves. This leaves the skin sensitive and painful.
Luckily skin nerves can get regenerated. Such process can take up to a year. The pain like feeling and sensitiveness of the skin should slowly go away in a few weeks (your body will get use to it).

If the pain is in the wound area and also lump is present there, hernia is possible.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.