Have IBS. Getting pain. How to get relief?

I was wondering what I can do to releive the pain I get every few months when I get a IBS attack?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy 4 hours later

Thanks for contacting.

There are various triggers for IBS and food is one major trigger factor. Foods lack of fibers like all sorts refined foods such as chips, cookies, all sort of junk foods, caffeine, carbonated drinks, alcohol, high protein diets, milk and dairy products are known triggers for IBS. So taking of psyllium husk and flax Seed oil is a good choice to add fibers to your diets. Besides foods, other major trigger factor for IBS is stress.

Therefore, a good sleep, taking of anxiolytic medications, practice of regular meditations will be helpful to reduce the stress. The pain in IBS is one of the major clinical symptom results from irregular and prolonged contraction of intestinal tract as well as due to accumulation of gases. The pain will be reduced once the condition moves towards a curative way by adopting a healthy food habits and lifestyle with proper medications. There are medicines for reducing pain and flatulent condition, which should be taken to get relief. Besides treatment it is highly required to adopt a healthy food habits of adding more fibers XXXXXXX foods and avoiding of all sorts of processed or junk foods with healthy lifestyle and of course a proper treatment can cure this condition for a long term period.