Have Hepatitis C with cirrhosis, shake violently all the time. What can I do to stop this?

I have hepatitis c with cirhossis. i shake violently 24 hours a day - what can i do to stop this? please help - this is a horrible condition
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 42 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand your tremors are of concern.

Before I can tell you what it could be - I would need few answers. Can you elaborate your past medical history. Also explain how long you have had these tremors and describe the tremor in your own words.

Tremors are due to many reasons - considering your background of cirrhosis, hypertension and hepatitis C, I would like to think you have deficiencies in Vitamin B 12 (Cyanocobalamine) atop other reasons. Other reasons to exclude needs clinical examination. Another possibility is reduced glucose levels.

Kidney failure also can cause tremors. Your renal status would tell that. As you already on furosemide and spironolactone, your physician might tell more abouth that.

Tremors in old age are also due to certain neurological conditions, which would need a clinical review.

Kindly review with your physician and you might need tests like blood glucose along with review of your medical status and other tests.

Usually, monthly injections on prescription of methycobalamine are given in consultation to prevent neural deficits. Most patients respond favorably. Please check with your doctor about this in case a deficiency is proved.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Follow-up: Have Hepatitis C with cirrhosis, shake violently all the time. What can I do to stop this? 1 hour later
i have had thes trewors for abou a year - they have gotten worse ad worse unttil this week - now they are unbeaeable and i c'ant do antthing
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 14 hours later
Hello and thanks again,

As you have tremors for a reasonable amount of time now and you report of worsening of symptoms, it is wise to consult a doctor as soon as you can. Medication and appropriate treatment can be started based on the physical findings. We should be able to control the tremors with proper treatment.

Hope this encourages you to consult your doctor sooner.

Best wishes.