Have Hashimotos disease. Had complete hysterectomy. Had thyroid panel. Surgery affected thyroid disease?

I have had Hashimotos disease for more thanv20 years. Two years ago, I had complete hysterectomy. I never felt like I bounced back. I had thyroid panel done recent my, and all numbers showed hypothyroidism being under treated. Is it possible that surgery affected my thyroid disease negatively? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
In Hashimoto's disease there is always a fluctuation of thyroid hormones and that's why you need constant monitoring of your thyroid status every 4 to 6 months.
Your hysterectomy has no role in affective your thyroid status negatively.
Mostly people don't get their thyroid status checked for many years and keep taking he same dose.
You get your dose of thyroxine hormone revised and keep getting your thyroid checked regularly.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck