Have Fibromyalgia. Suggested Narcolepsy. Taking Lyrica, Savella and Concerta. Feeling sluggish and forget things. Guide?

I have Fibromyalgia and other health issues. I have done a sleep study and they said I have some Narcolepsy. So, I am taking Lyrica, Savella, Concerta 54 and Ambien 5mg to help me sleep. I am always feeling run down, sluggish, and now I think I am starting to forget things. I also had blood in urine, which they did a scope and said there was nothing. I had a uterus ablasion done 3 yrs ago and then about 6 months ago had issues. My gyno tried to take samples...ended up in hospital, she took samples that were ok, but still could not get up high enough where there is a growth. I also have acid refulx, a bowel resection, and back problems. My quality of life has gone down hill fast lately and I am not sure if there is an underlying problem we are missing. I also have lost about 70 lbs. in about 2 years without trying. Any suggestions of what is going on or could be going on?

I am not sure what specialist should be looking at this, I don't remember hitting the Cancer one. Also, when I am at work the Concerta helps me, but I am interacting with a lot of people. But on my days off, I am tired, sleepy and when I drive I stare alot and my thoughts just ramble.
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
a bit more detail needed

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Please let me know since how long you are having this trouble of excessive sleepiness and fatigue.
Do you have aches if yes at whsat parts of body?
What's your body weight, are you a snorer?
Please provide this detail in follo up query.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Have Fibromyalgia. Suggested Narcolepsy. Taking Lyrica, Savella and Concerta. Feeling sluggish and forget things. Guide? 29 hours later
I have always had problems started getting worse about a year ago, but it is increasing at a steady pace. The aches are on both sides of shoulders, top part of arms, hands, the front of my thighs, the back of my calves. I also have a pain on the right side of the back..they did a CT scan and said it was since I lost weight, my body shifted some..I guess some arthritis. I do get headaches on the left side of my temple. Since I started Lyrica, I really don't remember getting a migraine. I will wake up with stuffiness and sometimes a bit of a I put ice over my eyes and back of neck and take an asprin..that usually helps. Recently, my whole body is just starting to ache. I can be on my feet for 12-14 hours a day..there is no problem. Then when I get home and settle down..the pain starts...last night it was awful...could barely sleep even after taking Ambien and tramadol. The other day I had to give blood..they asked me to pump my left hand...I did. When they asked me to open my hand, it took a few seconds. I also notice when I am driving or just sitting...I just feel my shoulders rolling said it has to do with posture..but I am not sure about that. I have trouble getting to sleep. On my days off, I usually wake up early...I am so soar and achy. About three hours in..I am ready for a nap. I weigh 151 right now. I also have no strength left in my hands.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
physician review CBC ESR and CRP will help

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Youdr symptoms are quite suggestive of Polymyalgia rheumatica and Giant cell arteritis syndrome.
You should get examined by a physician and get a CBC and RA factor along with CRP AND ESR LEVELS.
This work up will help in diagnosis and management.
The battery of symptoms like you are having continue to trouble these patients.
For pain take paracetamol or tramadol and avoid aspirin.
If it is PMR and GCA then low dose steroids are very useful.
I hope the advise would be helpful dor you.
Follow-up: Have Fibromyalgia. Suggested Narcolepsy. Taking Lyrica, Savella and Concerta. Feeling sluggish and forget things. Guide? 31 hours later
Can you explain in more detail what CRP and ESR levels and what is normal range or what should I be looking for.Also can you explain CBC and RA factor. I think I have had these to checked. My father has RA. He was diagnosed about 6 years ago and he is not 80. My sister was recently diagnosed with RA and she is 54. So we do have this in our family
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
work up worth in positive history for RA

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
CRP and ESR are tests done on your blood sample and their values indicate the presence or absence of inflammatory processes in the body.
the values of CRP is up to 10 in normal individuals and can be quite high in acute phase of disease hence it belongs to the acute phase reactants group markers.
ESR value at the end of 1hr is up to 12in males and up to 15 in females.
Raised values indicate chronic diseases. It is inexpensive test and simple to perform.
CRP is more specific than ESR for inflammation.
CBC is the complete picture of the hemogram that is level of Hemoglobin, Total white cells and platelets and the TLC differential counts which get modified in various disease states. Rheumatoid factor, the RA Factor is indicative of Rheumatoid arthritis and indicates that those with positive results should undergo further imaging and clinical examination to note the extent of the disease and plan accordingly the management.
You are having family history of RA so you should get evaluated by a rheumatologist or a physician and get treated at the earliest as per the workup.
I hope the advise will be helpfull for you.