Have Endometriosis. Was on Lupron , now on visanne. Having cramping, fatigue, brown discharg late period. Pregnant?

I have Endometriosis and was on Lupron for 6 months and am now on Visanne. My periods started coming normally while being on Visanne and think I am pregnant. I have cramping, nausea, fatigue, brown discharge (for 1 day), late period, and a negative pregnancy test. I have a doctors appointment on Monday but I just want to know what could be happening? Please help. We are trying to conceive and just want to know if this is it!!

Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 44 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The symptoms that you are describing are in keeping with symptoms of early pregnancy . Though each woman experiences pregnancy differently the majority experience nausea, tiredness, dizziness, in some cases mild abdominal pain.

Pregnancy tests detect the level of the HCG hormone in the urine but the levels are low initially and rise throughout pregnancy. There are some early detection kits available which can detect very low levels of this hormone as low as 20 mIU and can be used to confirm a pregnancy in the early stages for example (1) aimstick tests and (2) early pregnancy tests

If your test can only detect higher levels then it may have given you a falsely negative result, you can either use a early detection kit ,have a blood level of HCG done or wait 7 to 10 days - if you are pregnant the level of HCG would have risen further and would be easily detected by the average test.

I Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions