Have E.coli in kidneys during pregnancy. How will this affect fetus and mother?

how XXXXXXX in it to have e=coli on your ktdneys if you are 7 months pregnany? how can this affect my baby and myself?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
A renal infection with E.coli during pregnancy is not worrisome if it is treated properly with adequate antibiotic therapy.
In case the infection is recurrent or persistent then it can increase the chances of preterm labor.
You need to consult your gynecologist to start appropriate antibiotics according to the culture sensitivity report as soon as possible. Do start taking plenty of fluids to flush out the infection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.