Have Dust allergy/wheezing problem. Planning for a baby. Suggestions?

Question
Hi Doctor
I have still not contacted doctor but I am planning for a baby now, suggest me an doctor
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need your location details

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query. I am glad that you are now planning for a baby. Happy to hear that.

To help you with a doctor close-by, please let me know your location, and where exactly you wish to see a doctor.

I would be glad to help you with this. Meanwhile, you can start yourself on Folvite 5mg daily once. This is available over the counter. It helps in pregnancy and in baby's brain growth.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Have Dust allergy/wheezing problem. Planning for a baby. Suggestions? 24 minutes later
I am staying in Bellandur of Bangalore city, Doctor I am not pregnant yet, I am just planning to have one still can I use the above prescribed tablets.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can still use the medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for giving the additional information.

You could consult an Obstetrician at The Apollo Clinic on Bellandur Road. Below are the details:

Address: Plot No.74/1,Bellandur Ring Road,Varthur,Bangalore,Karnataka 0000
Phone:080 4022 2555
Hours: Friday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm

Yes, you can still use the medicine Folvite. It is routinely prescribed to all women who are anxious to conceive. Since Folic acid is important to the baby from Day 1, we usually recommend any women planning for pregnancy to start the tablet immediately.

There is no harm in it and it is definitely beneficial to the baby once you conceive.

I wish you good luck and good health.

Follow-up: Have Dust allergy/wheezing problem. Planning for a baby. Suggestions? 5 minutes later
Doctor,

Both the tablets can be used every day right, for how many days should we use. and where do we get these tablets from is this available in all the clinics. Please help

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take single tablet of Folvite 5 mg daily

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

You should take only one tablet i.e any Folvite 5mg daily at night after dinner. You should take this tablet from the time you plan for a baby to until first 3 months of pregnancy.

You get these tablets in any pharmacy without a doctor's prescription. It is available over the counter.

I hope this helps you.

Follow-up: Have Dust allergy/wheezing problem. Planning for a baby. Suggestions? 11 minutes later
Got it, Thank you doc

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pleasure is mine, anytime

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am happy to be of help to you.

Take care!