Have Dengue fever, itchy rashes on palm and feet, unable to sleep. Given multivitamin and cetrizine

My daughter is suffering from Dangue fever for 7 days today her fever is down. Today on her palm and feet there are rashes and itching. She is not able to sleep due to itching. Her platelets was initially 2.5 lake now it is 1.4lakh
We also given multivitamin and cetrizine to her today. Also apply lactocalamine lotion
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

It is normal to have viral itchy rashes in dengue and your can continue taking cetrizine and calamine lotion for the itch. At our set up we ask the patients to mix glycerine and XXXXXXX water in 1:1 ratio and apply luxuriously for severe itching, it gives instant relief.

However platelet of 1.4 lakh is of concern and make sure the platelets are checked everyday, if the platelets go below 75,000 or if your child develops small bleeding spots please approach a hospital and get admitted as platelet transfusion might be required. In our set up we transfuse platelets when it drops below 35,000.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me.