Have DVT. Will a knee high compression stocking cause further problems?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have DVT in left leg from middle of calf to middle of thigh. Will a knee high compression stocking cause further problems or should I wear a full length stocking?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

If you do not have any acute symptoms Knee high compression stocking is not going to increase your problems, never the less if you have symptoms it might not help you relieve your symptoms

Ideally with DVT extending up to mid thighs you should preferably wear full length stockings

All depends on :
1]How long has it been that you have been diagnosed of DVT ?
2]DO you have any symptoms related to DVT at present ?
3]Apart from Warfarin is there any other medicine that you are using for DVT ?

With your history I am hopeful you have got your reply, but in case you need any further advise do revert back

Have a speedy recovery