Have COPD. Taking Spriva. Anything else that will work for COPD?

yes I have COPD and am taking Spriva, but I am in the donut hole and ca,t afford it. Is there anything else that works like Spriva for COPD, that cost a lot less?
Or that has a patient assist program phizer only has one that we do not qualify for.Astra zenaga is going to help with Seraquel XR 150mg.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Since you are suffering from COPD, Spriva (Tiotropium Bromide) is the bronchodilator of choice. This has to be taken on the long term basis. So if you can't afford for it there are 3 choices
1. You can contact the company through your prescribing doctor and ask for the samples. They will provide you samples that will be helpful for you.
2. Go to other brand of Tiotropium Bromide other than Spriva like Tiova from Cipla. They have patient assistant program.
Company will provide samples if prescribing doctor recommend you for free supply.
3. You can shift to Ipratropium bromide with your doctor advice, which is also a anticholinergic drug and act in the same way of Spriva. Some of the brands you can look far are Atrovent, Apovent, Ipraxa, Aerovent and Rinatec. This will be cheaper than Spriva.
4. If they can't provide you for full course you can ask for the part of your treatment.
5. Similarly Astra zenica has patient assist program and they will help you in getting the drug. You need to cantact through your doctor for the sample.
6. There are multiple generics available like Xeroquel, Ketipinor. You can buy them after discussing with your doctor.

Looking at your medical history, you should be adherent to the treatment and keep checking your TSH level once in 6 month and monitor BP.

Have only required calories and do exercises loke aerobics, swimming, cycling or jogging (out door exercises preffered). Eat little at one time and distribute your calorie intake to multiple small amount of food. Try relaxing, do yoga and breathing exercises which will add to your well being. Drink plenty of fluids

Consult your doctor for further assistance to get the drug and management.
Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit