Have CML, on Gleevec. Was on antibiotic and neubilizer for MAC and Aspirgillus Niger fungus. Had stroke. Further?

I have CML since 10/2008. Have successfully been on Gleevec for this whole time, daily. I am treated both locally and at MD XXXXXXX Also have very bad -3.7/-3.9, bones. Also have MAC, as well as Aspirgillus Niger, fungus. Was on heavy antibiotics and nebulizer for 102 days. At that time I had a minor stroke. I am no longer taking any antibiotics for those, for at least a year. My oncologist, as well as many of my other doctors feel that Reclast injection is my next step. In fact this Tuesday.
What do you think?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 23 minutes later
It appears that your CML is now under control with Gleevec. Your fungal infection also seems under control. Your chief cause of concern now is osteoporosis. Reclast (zoledronate) is a very good drug for osteoporosis. It does not have too many adverse effects also. You need to maintain dental hygiene and avoid dental extraction while you are on it.

I think you can proceed with your Reclast injection as planned.

Hoep I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow up queries, if any.