Have CLL and SLL with pneumonia, have soft tissue density near iliac vessels. Cause of death?

Excellent

Question
I am 66 yo female and have CLL/SLL and know that pneumonia is a leading cause of death in people with this. In addition I have 1.5 cm soft tissue density near iliac vessels and a 6 mm RUL nodule.

What other infections might be a cause of death?

Sinusitis?
Peptic ulcer?
Bug bites?
Other ... will you name some?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Septicemia, Change in Prognosis and Staging.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Septicemia is a one of the leading cause of death in CLL/SLL.
Septicemia- Serious life threatening infection spreading all over the body very quickly.
This lead to multiple organ involvement and multiorgan failure.
This ultimately result in shock and death.

Identification of new Nodes near the iliac vessels will change your staging in Binet and XXXXXXX classification of CLL/SLL.
Thus change in staging will affect your prognosis.
Ensure proper chemotherapy is there or not.
Please follow your Oncologists advice for proper treatment and avoidance of complications like pneumonia, septicemia etc.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.

Follow-up: Have CLL and SLL with pneumonia, have soft tissue density near iliac vessels. Cause of death? 55 minutes later
Thank you ... I currently have sinusitis and gastritis/peptic ulcer and have reactions to bug bites. How XXXXXXX are these?

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get treated for any infection. Be Hygienic.

Detailed Answer:

Please get treated for any infection with proper antibiotics in prescribed dose and complete the course of antibiotic.
As you have sinusitis and gastritis, I advise you to take antibiotics and proton pump inhibitors to cure the infection and ulcer.

Avoid spicy and oily food.
Have a diet at regular time.
Avoid all unhygienic habits.
Keep yourself clean and neat.
Because you are more prone for pneumonia and septicemia ( low immune status in CLL/ SLL).

Please consult your treating doctor for further management.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Wishing you good health