Have CIPD. Get acid reflux sometimes. Any treatment?

I am not sure, but occasioanaly, once a year I have acid reflux symptoms, go away soon, and mostly as constriction in chest.
I didn't have it for a year, since I have CIDP which is autoimune in its nature I tried taking curcumin in capsules.... so far for one month or XXXXXXX 3 capsules once daily with meals...
I have now one day or so constriction in ches... it is not heart nor asthma, but maybe.... can't say... can curcumin provoke acid reflux in the dose I took... I would like keep taking it since it has antiinlamatory effects.... and hope it can help with CIDP.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Curcumin in capsules can cause gastric acidity and reflux like symptoms causing a constriction in the chest like symptoms. If you want to continue with these capsules due to the anti inflammatory effect, it is best to take these capsules after meals and after 30 minutes you can take an antacid like Digene to control the symptoms. You also need to eliminate hot spicy foods from your diet.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.