Ask a Urologist   »  

Have Brown Sequard Syndrome, ejaculation affected. Taking Viagra. What can be done to improve semen quantity?

Urologist
Question
I have Brown Sequard Syndrome at level T6-T7 and T8-T9. I have been able to get and orgasm and ejaculate only 5 or six times during the last 4 + years. Taking viagra gives me a strong erection. I can feel sensation in various parts of my penis. Tlhe seman is watery and the volume is low. Is there anything that can be done to help me obtain orgasm and improve seman quantity.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

In spinal cord lesions, both erection and ejaculation may be affected.

Erection can be made better with Viagra or equivalent medications.

Ejaculation, semen quality and quantity can be negatively affected by advanced age as in your case.

If you are planning a child, then a semen analysis needs to be done and medications may have to be started based on the interpretation. If not, nothing needs to be done as such.

In nervous system disease, orgasm is definitely an issue and unfortunately, nothing much can be offered medically. Sorry about that.

If you are happy, please accept my answer or else please get back to me.

All the best.

DR G Srinivasan.