Ask a Urologist   »  

Have Blood Spotting From Penis. What could be the cause?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi I'm Fred, I Have Blood Spotting From My Penis Once every two weeks or three; what's going on? I Have no pain, No discomfort, In general I feel fine.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Probably nothing serious is going on and this is usually sign of kidney stone or uroinfection. Alsi it can be urethral injury is there was some injury that you remember. Uroinfection can be easily treated by antibiotics and kidney stones usually pass spontaneously but it may come back again. To verify all this you should at least do urine analysis and urotract ultrasound. Rarely some more serious diagnoses should be considered but if symptoms persist you should i.v.urography and ct scan. At this point you should just drink plenty of fluids,avoid sexual intercourse and do tests i ve recommended. And dont worry since this is not uncommon. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask.regards