Have Bipolar Disorder and recently polymyalgia. Can I take alternative medicine for polomyalgia with Lithium?

Dec 2014

I have Bipolar Disorder and recently polymyalgia. Can I take an alternative medication for my polymyalgia whilst I am on lithium.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Lithium is a drug with very narrow therapeutic window. A lot of drugs can increase the levels of lithium and can precipitate the toxicity. Usually the alternative medicines are safe and dont interact much with lithium. For more details you can write a little more detail about the ingredients of the medicines.