Have BP increased after poison ivy shot and also got testosterone shot. Suggest?

My blood Pressure was 117 over 70 in doctor office when they gave me a shot for poison ivy8 days ago no has ran in the 140s over mid 90s I also got a testosterone shot the day long can a steroid shot last. What should I do
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 54 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

The steroid injections can increase the blood pressure , but most of the time the effect last very temporarily around few hours.

Some of the patients , who has to take the steroids on a regular basis has a more pronounced effect on the blood pressure.

Do not worry, a single shot of steroid or the testosterone is very unlikely to increase the blood pressure either for a prolonged period or to a high degree, the effect if any will last for very few hours with very very mild increase ,which is clinically insignificant.

Please let me know if you need further information.
Follow-up: Have BP increased after poison ivy shot and also got testosterone shot. Suggest? 36 minutes later
This is the only things I have done I'm on several no blood pressure meds and is controlled. So you don't think either shot could keep blood pressure raised over a week?
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later
Absolutely not, the effect of these injections on the blood pressure is negligible.