Have Atrial fibrillation and unable to sleep. What to take for restless leg?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I have AFIB, AND AM WONDERING I SHOULD TAKE FOR MY RESTLESS LEGS. I AM unable to sleep.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.

Mirapex (pramipexole) is a good and safe medicine for treating patients with recommended dose is 0.5 mg taken once daily 2-3 hours before bedtime. This is my most favored drug in RLS. So, if possible, please go back to the same drug. In some patients (as in your case) who have had daytime symptoms, an additional dose of 0.25-0.5 mg in the morning may be added.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/