Have Asthma from childhood, including sinus. Had sinus operation. Have joints pain and uneasiness in chest. Suggest?

I have Asthma From childhood, including that Sinus. Had sinus operation 2 years back. I have JRA. NOw have the pains in my joints. In last 24 hrs got 4 tyms asthma attack. Had sereflo rotohealer & asthalin neblisation 2 tyms as prescribed by my doctor. Right now feeling very uneasy in my chest. legs are getting stiff. What should i do now. I am satying alone. My age is 25yrs.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 4 hours later
Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX

If 4 times of asthma attack in 24 hours suggest you are not controlled with the treatment. Usually with asthma 80% of patients will have Allergic rhinites(sinus) and nasal polyp with that.

For asthma, You need to have Regular inhalational steroid like budesonide and the dosage has to be adjusted according to your response. With this long acting beta agonists like formetrol to be added for better response. You can continue Seroflo rotahaler but with adjusted dose for this but I prefer formetrol and budesonide combination. Take Tab Montelukast plain (No FDC) 10 mg every night one tablet. During acute exacerbation take Asthalin inhaler and nebulisation as required.

Take mometasone nasal spray for the rhinites problem.

Pain in legs and stiff legs may be due to JRA. You can take NSAIDs like naproxen for the pain. The symptoms will be relieved. If not controlled can take Corticosteroids orally like prednisolone with adjusted dose.There are other drugs called DMARDs which we can try if not controlled with above drugs. They can help reduce swelling in the joints, pain and stiffness.

Exercise will help you. Do regular cycling or walking or swimming. Have adequate regular sleep, plenty of fluids, nutritious diet with required calorie and regular outdoor exercises. Breathing exercises will also help you.

Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further management.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit K