Have 50mm fibroid on the side of the fundus with some distortion of the endometrial interface. Any advice?

Infertility Specialist
Question
What advise would you give to a woman who has 50mm fibroid (in diametre) on the right side of the fundus with some distortion of the endometrial interface.

Albumin 38
SHBG 119.8
insulin 7.1
oestradiol 510
progstrone 35.1
Testestrone 1.07
serum prolactin 458
luteinizing hormone 1
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
, thanks for your query. I read your problem &understand your concerns. Before I explain the options to you in detail, i would like to know some more information as follows : 1) Have you done evaluation of following hormones : FSH, AMH, TSH 2) Please let me know the prolactin hormone measurement unit written infront of it.458 pg / ml or other units. 3) Ultrasound showed follicular count ? Its called AFC. How many follicles are there ? 4) Have you ever underwent Any laparoscopy or hysteroscopy procedure ? 5) Have you ever been pregnant before? Please let me know the information which will help me in explaining your problem in detail. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF specialist

Follow-up: Have 50mm fibroid on the side of the fundus with some distortion of the endometrial interface. Any advice? 27 minutes later
Test name Prolactin = 458 mIU/L

the uterus is midline ad abteverted measuring 89mm x54mm 86mm
Four fibroids measuting less the 25mm in diametre are seen elsewhere the largest measuring 50mm

I was pregnant in 2005 and had an abortion

I dont see the FSH, AMH or TSH....
never had laparoscopy or hysteroscopy
progestrone is 35.1 nmol/L
TSH is 1.74 mIU/L
Thank you doctor

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

Thanks for your reply. Following is my reply:

1) Fibroids seem to be problem in your case for your infertility Because of below reasons: a) You have had a miscarriage which is due to possibly fibroids which probably didint allow the baby growth. b) you have not conceived after that and ultrasound shows fibroids are multiple and are distorting the endometrium.

2) Your reproductive hormonal profile seem to be fine.

3) My advice for you would be depending upon your age, fibroids and history of miscarriage. I advice you to undergo hysteroscopy to decide if fibroids are distoring the uterine cavity inside. Hysteroscopy is a simple and accurate procedure.

4) If hysteroscopy is normal, you can go ahead with IVF procedure as you are loosing out on age and you have to act fast. Please see an infertility specialist or visit an IVF centre for the above advice and details.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Have 50mm fibroid on the side of the fundus with some distortion of the endometrial interface. Any advice? 6 hours later
Thank you doctor

If you are satisfied with my response, please accept my answer and close this discussion.

I wish you good health

Dr.Mahesh Koregol