Have 2 stents in heart and one in leg. Should I take hot bath?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have 2 stents in my heart and one in my leg. Should I or shouldn' t I take a hot bath
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Well, simply out, it depends on when you got the stent. If it was less than 1 week ago, you have to avoid bathing all together. You can have a quick shower but make sure the catheter area does not get wet.

After you leave the hospital, you should avoid driving, sexual activity, any kind of physical activity and smoking for 2 to 5 days after the procedure. You should also avoid standing or walking for long periods for at least 2 days after the procedure.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Follow-up: Have 2 stents in heart and one in leg. Should I take hot bath? 14 hours later
I had my stents in over 2 years ago. So I guess that answers my question. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

I am glad to know I could address your concerns.

If you have no more questions, please close this discussion, rate the answer and give your review.