Have 2 failed ICSI treatment. Having lower abdominal pain. Blood and urine test done. Feeling tired. Concerned

Infertility Specialist
Hi, I have 2 failed ICSI treatment. After my last failed IVF in Jun-12, I am having pain on lower abdomen left side at times on right side.This pain is not constant. I have checked urine/blood reports for ovulation. I am having slight pain passing urine or stool, this is mostly after day 14 must be after ovulation
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 17 minutes later

I read your concerns. Following are my comments and suggestions:

1) Several IVF / ICSI patients suffer this problem after the treatment cycle which is generally due to hormonal variation that would have occurred during and after your treatment.

2) Generally progesterone supplements cause this and it gets corrected within a month after treatment. I am sure it will get corrected soon.

3) Meanwhile I advise you to drink more water and have high fibre diet ( Vegetables and fruits). This will improve urinary as well as stool problems.

4) Pain on left & right side is generally due to enlarged (stimulated ) ovaries which gradually decreases and you will soon feel better be next month when ovaries regain their size.

5) I advice good diet with plenty of water / liquids. If symptoms persist you can take medication after getting examined by a doctor. But it may not be necessary as you will be normal in few days.

I hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility specialist