Has whitish hard lump i anal region. Having pain. Hemorrhoid? Polyp? Hernia?

Feb 2013

Hi. My 9week old granddaughter has a whitish hard lump in her anal area. She had a hard bm with lots of straining. She cried out in pain (versus a hungry cry). Not sure hemorrhoid? Polyp? Hernia?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The straining at passing stool is due to passing hard stool. And the cry may be due to colic or due to pain caused while passing hard stool.

Coming to the whitish hard lump in her anal area, child needs to be examined by pediatrician to come to a conclusion.

Hemorrhoids will not present in kids.

And polyp usually present with a painless bleeding from anus and it wont present with straining at passing the stool and it is also uncommon around this age.

Anal area and its surrounding area is not a site for hernia.

Therefore I advise you to consult the pediatrician for physical examination of swelling and for its treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.