Has undergone kidney transplant, creatinine level going up. No dialysis has been done. How to treat this?

Hi good morning ,

My Brother inlaw has undergone transplant two day s ago his creatine level is going up passage of urine is there no dialysis has been done the kidney was donated by his wife my sister can you please advise
if this is normal
My email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 33 minutes later

Your relative’s kidney transplant was done 2 days back. Normal progress is that the urine should start forming immediately after transplant and creatinine should fall daily. But sometimes there is delayed production of urine after one or 2 days. Or the urine production falls after an initial good response.

But these things are to be monitored, exact reasons identified with the help of tests and kidney biopsy (if needed) and appropriate treatment administered. The transplant team would be carrying out all these things. Most of these kidneys become all right over next 7 to 10 days. Dialysis is only done if deemed necessary by the treating team.

Only certain vascular problems and severe rejections create problems. But in any case I would suggest you to have faith in the transplant team and let them do their best.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Has undergone kidney transplant, creatinine level going up. No dialysis has been done. How to treat this? 27 minutes later
Dear Doctor bansal,

Thanks for the assurance and hope to see good results
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 25 minutes later
Best wishes,

You can definitely ask back, if required.